Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Midwinter Vacation Eating You?

These days kids think you need to take them to places and more places, or they are “SO” deprived. What did we do midwinter vacation when we were kids? Get together with friends, hang out, play games, but I know, I know nobody plays board games anymore. Let’s go skiing, snow tubing & ice skating or somewhere else really expensive! With more than several kids, these trips really add up. But I don’t need to tell you… you already know.
I heard this concept a couple of years ago, and really liked it. What about a “STAY”cation? Where you load your home with lots of fun activities, from popcorn making, decorating cookies, arts ‘n crafts for every age let each of your children have over a friend or two and make it smashing fun.
Something that can really up the ante; is purchasing your very own family cotton candy machine. They can be bought for under $35 and offer the opportunity to get loaded up with sugar and have the time of your life.
I know I am supposed to be an adult, but in truth I am the perpetual child. I am the mother that buys all the art supplies “for the kids” so asking my husband for our anniversary to get me a cotton candy machine is totally the norm. Which of course I’ll use when the kids are asleep, so I don’t have dental bills up to kazoo!  
But once in a while, the kids can have their sugar too, and midwinter is the perfect time to do it. A great activity at an affordable price… what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment